Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Got up at 4:30 to go to the bathroom and decided to go back to bed.

Woke back up just before the wake-up call and got my sheets and blanket together because Tuesdays are laundry day! We gather up our sheets and put them in the big bin and they are picked up by a laundry service and the already washed sheets are delivered.

Cigarette outside and then a cup of coffee and I took my prescriptions. Breakfast was oatmeal. I had to eat something before my doctor's appointment.

Doctor's appointment was at 9:30 and I got there by 9 o'clock. Crocheted while I waited. My doctor confirmed the x-ray of my knee saying that it was osteoarthritis that was in my knee. She wants me to go to physical therapy for that so I have to make an appointment for that. My blood pressure is still high - 140 over 90. It's lower than my last blood pressure reading but the doctor still considers it high. She's giving me an additional prescription for that. I see her again in two weeks.

One of the other residents came by. He wanted to change from his doctor to one of my doctors. He was told that he would have to change insurance companies and I don't know if he's going to o that.

We walked to the store and bought some lunch. Went to Central and ate the lunch.

We then went to a group therapy session together. This one was about tension and relaxation. Basically when we're feeling tense we're supposed to thy things like relaxing our tense muscles, listen to relaxing music and just think of more pleasant things.

After that group therapy session we walked over to the bar. We had a pitcher of beer and we could smoke inside - Thank God! About 1 and 1/2 hour later we went back to Central and called the van to take us back to the homeless shelter.

I was worried about being able to get my prescription today because I would have to ask for another blue slip.

I got back to the shelter a little after 3pm and they had a task for me to. It was time to organize the clean sheets and get them ready for everybody's bedtime. It took about an hour for me and another resident to do this and by that time it was time for dinner. Dinner was meatballs and scalloped potatoes. Had a cigarette after dinner, came inside and my blue slip was ready.

Went and got my two prescriptions, came back and made some popcorn and sat and was writing this.

The spreadsheet was edited and now I have to do it over but I just didn't feel like it tonight.

Didn't want to be bothered with the sleep-room tonight so I slept in one of the residents truck. Woke up around 2:30 in the morning and went to WaWa for water and donuts (and to use the restroom!). Slept until 6am and went back to the shelter.













No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.