Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday, April 12, 2013

Got up at 3:30 am, went to the bathroom and laid back down.  The next thing I knew it was time to get up.  Went from the sleep room to the dayroom very groggily.

No cigarettes to speak for so I waited for the coffee to finish brewing.  A verbal argument started because a resident decided to use the computer (at 7:30 in the morning) without asking permission first.  He got up from the computer in a huff and complained loudly for a while.

Breakfast was creme of wheat but I didn't want it and so far I haven't eaten anything yet.

Today was my laundry day and I wanted to wash my big leather sweater but was told that I couldn't.  A few seconds later the staff member told me that she should have let me wash it.  But by then my laundry load was already in the washer.

Since I'm doing laundry today I'll stay here until it all done.

While I'm waiting for my laundry cycles it's kind of quiet in the day room and the TV is off.  (The TV is off after 9am and can't be turned back on until 5pm.  One the weekends the TV can be on all day long).

It's raining heavy on and off so a lot of the residents are staying in except for those who have to go to work.

The lunch was hotdogs on buns an bread plus I had some potatoe chips to eat with it.

The rain let up some and I went outside to smoke a cigarette and talk with sone of the other residents.  We were talking about disability and how to be able to get it.  I just appliee about 2 days ago and I have to wait until at least 30 dayw before I call them to check on my application status.  

I was hoping to get my other prescription today and I talked to one of the staff members about it but she hasn't got back to me yet.  Long story short I was able to get a blue slip so that I could go get my prescription.  This is the one for my pain pills and it's the only prescription that my medical insurance won't pay for.  I had to pay the full price but I'm going to ask my doctor for something stronger.  A lady was handing out discount cards for prescriptions and I tried using that at the pharmacy but I still had to pay for the whole prescription.

Back at the shelter I think I mostly crocheted.

A verbal fight happened at my table.  It was about monehy. One person owed another person ten dollars and it's been three weeis since he lent it and he wanted it back.  The other resident said he didn't have it.  The man that lent the money wanted the man to find another table but he refused so the other man left in a huff.  He came back a few minutes later but he stayed very quiet.  I'm wondering how long before they confront each other again.

By ten o'clock I was definetely ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.