Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Up at 6:30.  The sleeproom was so cold but I had a big spread on my bed so I didn't actually notice it until I got out of bed.

Still some tension at our table and everyone was mostly quiet.  Last night another resident gave me some yarn that he had gotten from his grandmother.  There was also a half-finished blanket.  The resident told me he would pay me if I finished the blanket for him.

Breakfast was eggs and scrapple.

I was untangling yarn until lunch time.

Lunch was chicken turnovers and I had some potatoe chips that I had saved.

It's still kind of cold in the shelter but its warmer outside.  It's about 1 in the afternoon and there are only a few residents inside.  Most of them are sleeping in front of the tv set.  On the weekends the tv stays on all day.

Today the church was going to serve us dinner and they arrived around 6pm.  The dinner consisted of meatballs and something that looked like pizza on the top and meat on the bottom.  They also provided bananas and can sodas as well.  With the dinner came a church sermon.

I'm currently finishing a blanket that a resident's grandmother started and I'm anxious to get it done because he said he would pay me for it.

Another one of the residents had some sleep medication and I took two of them to help me sleep.

The one resident paid the $10 that he owed to the other resident.

I went to bed at 10.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.