Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Up at 5. Actually I was up at 4 but decided to go back to bed and then I couldn't sleep so I got up.

Today is laundry day so off with the sheets and blankets so that they can be washed.

Had a cup of coffee. Went outside to smoke and then I came back inside and had another cup of coffee and I took my prescriptions.

Breakfast was pancakes.

I thought that my van ride was changed to 8:30 like I requested but I still had the same time. My appointment was scheduled for 11:30 and I would like to get there a little bit beforehand. However the van got me there in time. I waited a few mi jtes and was then shown to the office where I sat down. I'm trying to apply for benefits so that I have some moneh coming in every month. I do have both a physical and mental disavility and the fact that I'm living in a homeless should (hopefully) make the process faster. I realy need that money - especially for my appeal.

The results of the appointment I hope, went good. I have to wait for notification in the mail and since I just applied to do it it will be at least 30 days before I know something. So now I just have to wait!

I got back to the shelter at around 12:15 so I did miss lunch. I'm eating oreo cookies for lunch.

It's very warm outside so I'll think I'll stay inside or a while.

I tried taking a nap but it was too warm inside. I went outside to smoke on of my last cigarettes. I went back inside and read the materials from the social security office and then I tried to take a nap.

Dinner was chicken, rice and greens with Oreos for dessert. There was a house meeting called to discuss the status of everything and how things were going. After dinner I went outside to have another cigarette and to enjoy the breeze in the shade. Its hotter inside than it is outside and that has to do with the state and not the shelter itself.

Before I had taken some pictures with my camera phone and some of the pictures I took impressed the staff. They sad I should enter one of them in a contest. I would like to but the submission requires getting prints and disks in order to submit them and I won't make the deadline date. But it has interested me in photography and now I want to get a digital camera with a zoom lens to take better pictures.

I went to bed at 11:00pm because I was outside shooting the breeze with a couple of other residents because it just felt so good outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.