Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday, April 15, 2013

Woke up at 6:30 - kinda late for me but I didn't go to bed until late last night.

Went outside to have my cigarette and then back inside to have my coffee.  Breakfast was blue berry waffles.

My physical therapy session wasn't until eleven so I worked on the blanket some more.  I have to finish it by Friday so I still have a lot to do.  Someone saw me trying to finish the blanket and asked me to make them some pink baby booties.

The van took me to the hospital for my physical therapy appointment but I found out that my appointment wasn't until 2 that afternoon.  So I decided to wait there.  In the waiting room I crocheted some more until it was my time to go in.

When it was my time to go in I went in and met my physical therapist.  She was a very pleasant woman with a happy attitude.  She asked me questions about my knee and about how much pain I was having.  On a scale of one to ten I would rate my pain a number-eight!  We talked a little more about my condition.  (What I have is osteo-arthritis in my knee).  She told me that my condition wouldn't get better but there were things that I could do to help strengthen the knee and reduce the pain.  I asked her if I should get a cane and she said yes.  (I would have to get my doctor to provide a prescription for me.)  The physical therapist then put a heating pad on my knee to help relieve some of the pain in my knee.  She gave me a sheet of paper with some exercises on it and we went through the exercises one by one.  If I had any questions then she said I could call her but she told me that she would be leaving in a few weeks.  I also found out that I had to pay a $2 co-payment every time I went to physical therapy.  I guess its better than having to pay the whole fee.

I called the van and it brought me back to the shelter where I stayed outside and smoked a cigarette.

I missed lunch but I had ate hoagie before I left so I was good until dinner.

I continued to finish crocheting the blanket when one of the staff members saw it.  I think she was impressed enough because she mentioned starting a crocheting club here at the shelter.  I think that is a good idea too!

Dinner was fish, noodles and collard greens.

After dinner, still working on the blanket I was also asked to create another spreadsheet for someone who is working as a contractor.  Someone also asked me to make a customized blanket for them.

It was a busy day for me an I went to bed at nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.