Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sleeping in a truck is not all that it's cracked up to be!  Sure I couled smoke whenever I wanted to but lying in it is uncomfortable (but I did manage to sleep for 2 hours).  It is not all its cracked up to be.  But I wanted a change and I got it!

Breakfast at around 7:30 this morning.  Am so sleepy I can hardly keep my eyes ope .  It's time to take a nap!  I don't have any appointments today.

Lunch was salsbury steak and noodles.

The time was kind of slow until around 4 o'clock when I asked the head of the shelter if I could use the computer to work on the spreadsheet.  She really shocked me by letting me use her laptop.  Now I was nervous.  I was in her office using her computer!  And she was very friendly about it too.  THAT made me even more nervous!  So I tried to finish up as fast as I could and she even critiqued it when I was done.

I showed her a picture of the sunrise that I took this morning and she wanted me to email it to her.

By the time I finished the spreadsheet it was time for dinner which was fish or chicken plus noodles.

After dinner things started to really move.  First of all the shelter was going to start a program where people could get help with their resumes and help with findig a job if they wanted to.  The person would provide as much resume information as they could and I would make a draft resume.  The person would look it over and ecide whether or not they wanted to add something.  When they were satisfied I would submit the final rough draft to the staff so they could approve it.  Once it was approved then the final draft would be typed up (and saved) and copies would be printed and then the resumes could be sent out in the mail or by email.  If the person needed an email address then they would get help to get one.

The next thing that happened was that the church that had their service here Easter Sunday was here tonight for Bible Study.  Apparently one of the staff members talked about me and my working on the computer and they were interested enough to want my contact information.  I already had an email address but it wasn't professional-looking enough so I quickly created a new one.  So I'll be waiting (hopefully) to hear from them.

I was working on this and I also sent the 'sunrise' pictures to the head of the shelter by email.

I went to bed at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.