Sunday, January 5, 2014

Well It's The Start Of A New Year!

I remember one of the staff members at CHOC saying how he had more problems not being homeless then he had when he was actually homeless. I can so relate to this!

There are bills that have to be paid (and on time) and there is a little boredom that comes with both living in a shelter and actually having your own place.

I made a budget for myself and it seems that I need at least another hundred dollars a month just to break even. I didn't have this problem when I was living at the shelter.

I'm grateful to finally have a place to live that I can call my own. It's not a perfect life but what is perfect?

I do miss the people at the shelter - both the staff members and the residents who are still living at the shelter.

While at the shelter there was a meeting and the shelter's policy was discussed. We were told not to think of the shelter as a permanent place to live, only a temporary stop on the road to getting and living in our own place.

I find it kind of miraculous that I'm able to have an apartment and even being able to have a car. People ask me about that car too. I was able to purchase the car for $200 and the paperwork cost more than the car did! LOL! The car needs some work and my car inspection is coming up soon.

I have bills but I also have a budget that I have to stick to.

All in all I have been blessed with many good things happening in my life.

I hope 2014 is the best year of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Good thing u found a car for cheap . They may come with a lot of expenses but they come in handy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a good thing too. But now its coming on inspection time and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

      Delete

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.