Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday, April 26, 2013

I woke up at 6:30. No cigarettes so I just had coffee. There was a guy at our table who used to make the coffee but now he's in jail. We don't know exactly why though. We speculated but we really don't know for sure.

Breakfast was french toast and turkey bacon. There were no seconds though.

I had a medical appointment for the morning so I left in the 8:30 van.

At my doctor's office they checked the results of my tuberculosis shot and I was fine. It took me all of five minutes but since I just got there in the van I waited and crocheted my blanket. I called the van to pick me up an hour later and it didn't take long for them to pick me up.

I got back to the shelter, sat down for a few minutes and one of the female residents reminded me about our trip to the yarn store. She has a car and off we went! We didn't have 50 cents between us so we were just looking around at the various yarns, speculation about which ones we would buy if we had the money. We went to a second store to look at their yarn but they had a smaller selection. By this time we had missed lunch so I treated her to lunch on my card. We got the food and came back to the shelter and ate outside on the picnic benches.

Afterwards we came inside and there was a discussion started about when we would start our knitting club at the sheter. There would be three of us participating with one of the female staff members supervising.

Then the staff member also suggested starting a sewing club so that we could make some quilts. Whew!

A group of student nurses came in to take our blood pressure for free and give us healthy snacks like strawberries, oranges and carrots.

It was suggested that we start a little garden here at the shelter and if we can find the right spacing then it may just happen!

Then we had to take a female resident to the emergency room because she wasn't feeling well.

On the ride there the subject of motorcycles came up and I was told that there were free classes on how to ride on and I'm seriously considering it however I wonder if my bad knee will be a factor? I have to call and find out.

Then I went on another van ride to help pick up another female resident who was released from the emergency room! Whew! What a day!

I went to bed at eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.