Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Got up a little before 6:30. Went to the bathroom and then came back to make my bed.

I came to the front and made coffee. Had a cigarette and then worked on my blanket.

There was a mishap with the breakfast (French toast) because it got overcooked so we had to wait a while for breakfast.

They substituted with waffles and some fruit but the waffles were hard so I didn't eat them. I did eat the orange slices though.

I saw a couple of the residents were going to play Scrabble outside so I joined in. I came in third.

Around 10:15 I came back inside to eat the rest of my leftover hoagie and I worked on my blanket some more.

Lunch was served by a group of people. It was chicken noodle soup, turkey bologna sandwiches and Dorito chips.

I continued to work on the blanket.

A woman came by in her big SUV and brought some food from a leftover junior prom - cake, pastries, orange slices, coffee and tea.

I continued to work on the blanket.

The shelter served cake as a snack.

Dinner was ham, potatoes and vegetables.

For the rest of the day I continued to work on the blanket.

I went to bed at nine.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I have been working on this blanket for a long time. It's supposed to be a "throw" which means that its size has to be big. Plus I was working on a deadline and wanted to be finished before the deadline comes.

    I remember one resident saying that crocheting and knitting is becoming a lost art but there were a few people at the center (besides me) that still do it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.