Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Doctor's follow-up appointment today so I had to make sure that I had breakfast today.  Breakfast was oatmeal.

I had to get myself ready for my doctor's appointment which was at 9:30.  The van got me there at 8:30 and I just knitted something until the doctor called me in.

My checkup was just a follow up visit to my first doctor's appointment.  They took my blood pressure.  It was still a little high - 156 over 90 so my doctor wants me to take two of the high blood pressure pills a day instead of just one.  We discussed about how I felt.  I said that my knee and my back were still bothering me so the doctor wants me to get an x-ray of m knee.  She went over my blood work and my other levels.  She's concerned about my high blood pressure and my sugar levels and I also have a vitamin D deficiency but she is prescribing supplements for that.  My other levels are good.

After the van brought me baci to the shelter there was the church with a donation of clothes.  they were taking us a few at a time for both men and women.  I picked out a nice couple of sweater jackets, some pants and some blouses.  I forgot that warmer weather is coming and I should have picked clothes for that.  Bit, oh well, I loved what I picked anyway.  What a busy day today.  (and I still have another appointment for tomorrow!

Lunch was cheeseburgers and I already had the potato chips and soda so it was a very good lunch!

Well right now I'm waiting to get permission so that the van can take me to get my prescriptions.  I have three new appointments that I have to make.  One to get my prescriptions, two for my nee x-ray and the third for my next doctor's appointment.

I got the permission slip signed but had to wait until after dinner to get my prescriptions.

Dinner was ham and rice and spinach and marble cake for dessert.

At the pharmacy I was shocked to find out that my insurance wouldn't pay for one of h prescriptions.  It was for the pain in my knee and I'm guessing that the insurance company wasn't paying because I could buy  the pain killer off the counter.  I paid for the prescription anyway.  It just leaves me with less money for now.

After lunch I played bingo with a few of the other residents and I won a great big giant soda. 

I was driven back to the shelter, stayed outside and smoked a cigarette.  Talked with another resident about her car and how much it cost (a lot!) to fix it.  I don't know where or how she got the money to fix her car and I really didn't ask because it was really none of my business.

With the new clothes I got from the church donation my lockers are quite full.  It's not like they are going to give me a third locker (residents get a top and bottom locker only).  I have to make more room in my locker to get rid of some things already in the locker.  Being able to fit all my things in the locker is going to take a little time.  Maybe that's why I stayed up until eleven before I went to bed.bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.