Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - (The 1st Day Of Spring)

Went to bed last night around ten.  Wanted to sleep more but had to gut up of course.

Hassle going to my locker just to get my cigarettes.  Some people have actually gotten their cigarettes stolen from their coat pockets and lockers so I lock mine up at night.

Breakfast was cream of wheat.  I didn't want it so I had a granola bar instead.

I'm going to try and stay off my knee today.

I helped mop up the floor (so much for staying off my knee - LOL!)

The shelter found someone an apartment for 30% of their income and that is EXACTLY the kind of program that I want to have for myself!

Lunch was very good today.  There was a big variety to choose from and I had the baked chicken, broccoli mix, macaroni and cheese and a slice of pizza.

A bunch of college kids came in today to find out about the homeless.  I participated in their group session.  Mostly I talked about how I became homeless and about how I was fighting for my home.

Dinner was about the same.  The women were supposed to go out for water ice (because it was the first day of spring) but the line was so long that they came back.

I went to bed later - 11 o'clock.  Hope I won't be too sleepy in the morning.

One of the residents took too much of their medication and left a $10 bill on the table.  Fortunately for him, one of the more honest residents found it and gave it back to him the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.