Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I decided to "sweat" out my cold by wearing a lot of clothes to bed and covering up with the big spread that was on my bed.

At 3:38 in the morning I woke up and I knew that I was feeling better - less coughing.

Since it was so early in the morning I decided to go back to bed to get as much sleep as I could.

Was awakened (along with everyone else) at 6:30 am.  I had to have my first cigarette of the day - outside of course - and then went back inside to have my cup of coffee.

Breakfast today was oatmeal but I really didn't feel in the mood for it and decided to skip it today.

I had a 3 pm appointment with a caseworker today to help me get my tax records together but she came at around 10:30 am to meet with someone else but that someone else wasn't here so she took me instead.  She drove me to her office and she let me use her computer to find my income records.  It took a while but I was able to find a place online to have it mailed to me by filling out a form.  We also took a look at my court docket to see how my trial was progressing and I found out that the court was in the process of scheduling a hearing date.

Immediately this brought a panic throughout my entire body.  I am thinking the orse.  I have been through so many "motion denied" hearings that I was afraid that this would be no exception.  Now I have to wait to be notified of a hearing date.  I may have to ask for a continuance because I'm still waiting on an answer from the letter that I sent to the President Judge regarding my appeal.

Lunch was a cheese-tortilla-type thing, along with 'tater' tots.  The water machine bottle is still broken and there is no replacement bottle so I just make due with ice in a cup.  I'm sure my bad mood has to do with seeing that a hearing is scheduled to be scheduled and immediately I think of the worst and its really bringing me down.

I am so bored here but I know that a lot of this has to do with my mood. 

A few of the other residents are watching a new Pope being elected on TV but I'm not interested in that.  Maybe if I take a little nap I will feel better and I will know better about what I want to do.....

I got the news that my medical insurance kicked in today!  My two prescriptions are for Prozac which is supposed to help with my (major) depression and the other prescription is for Risperidone which is supposed to help me sleep.  I told my doctor that it takes a good two hours for me to finally fall asleep after I go to bed so she prescribed the risperidone.



It seems that prescription drugs are a hot commodity in this place so the less you talk about your prescription(s) the better!

Before this the strongest prescriptions that I ever took was for antibiotics and that was it.  Now that I am starting to take these 2 medications for the first time I have to see what they will do to my system.

I certainly hope that the Prozac helps my mood because I'm very depressed now.  The ongoing court battle with my house is getting to me and I'm worried about it and I am worrying about it excessively which can't be good for me and my situation.

The head of the shelter made an announcement about the shelter and about the state of the shelter (and other shelters) and how the government funding for them has decreased.  She wants to get the residents here more involved about raising the awareness of the homeless.  I get the feeling that the majority  of the people here are just not interested though.

For right now I just want to see how these pills will affect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.