Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday, March 28,2013

I thought if I got up early enough I would be able to take a shower without waiting too long.  I was wrong!  I finally managed to take my shower and go back to my overflowing locker.

Had a cigarette and coffee and then came breakfast which was cream of wheat.  Not long after that the van took me to my X-ray appointment.  It wasn't actually an appointment.  It seems that you can just walk in and make the arrangements to have your x-ray taken that day.  It's been a log time since I made a hospital appointment!

I signed in, they added me to their hospital files system (since I never been there before and I went to the waiting room, sat down and then was told I was in the wrong waiting room.  I was shown where the right waiting room was and I waited.  First it's off with your clothes and put on the hospital gown.  Then you're taken to the x-ray room where they take the x-rays.  Since it was my knee that they were going to x-ray I had to lie down on my back and then on my side so that they could get more than one angle and more than one x-ray.  Moving like that made my knee hurt more and  (And I'm down to m I wish I could have gotten some crutches but they said no.

Still in a little bit of pain they finally finished.  I decided to splurge and buy myself a cup of coffee and a soft pretzel.  It cost me all of $2 but I still wanted to splurge a little so  did it.

It took a while for the van to pick me up.  I had to call twice!  (and I'm down to mu last 2 phone minutes!)

I finally got back to the homeless shelter but I missed lunch.  I microwaved some popcorn (from my bingo winnings) and that's what I'm having for lunch now.  I also managed to get an approval sheet for Central tomorrow.

Dinner was chicken and noodles along with carrots and broccoli and pound cake for dessert.
I used the computer here to finish my local taxes and to help create a spreadsheet for someone else.

The movie playing tonight is The Passion Of Christ.

One of the staff members brought out his chess set and I played a game with him.  I lost.  And then he played with another resident and he won again.  Others were watching us and I think that this chess-playing will become a regular kind of thing.

Had a final cigarette before bed at ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.