Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday, March 15, 2013

I'm still trying to fight off this cold that I have.  I have got that cough and I'm feeling chills every so often.  I keep washing my hands to help stave it off but there are a lot of people here with the same symptons.

I took a shower and tried to organize the stuff in my locker.  What's in my locker?  My clothes including what I had on when I first came here and some additional clothing that I was able to pick up at a nearby donation store.  I still need a change of shoes but there were none available in my size.  I went to the men's department but they didn't have any available in my size either.

I got a call from one neighbor telling me that my mother's car was no longer in the driveway.  It bummed me out and pissed me off but hopefully I will be able to get it backi!

I got a call from another neighbor telling me that she thinks she saw my cat and that she'll keep out a watch for it - thank GOD!

I got mail today informing me that my hearing date is scheduled for Thursday, April 25th.  The problem is that the same judge that I'm appealing is the same judge who is scheduled to hear my case.  There has got to be something that I can do about that because I just don't think that it is fair.  I'm still working on a solution for that one.

Now that my medical insurance has kicked in I can now make a doctor's appointment to get a physical.  I really have to mention about the caseworkers here who have really helped me.  One, who I explained my situation to was a very good sounding board and she told me that I should continue to focus on getting my house.

Another caseworker helped me today by expediting my permanent medical ijnsurance coverage, making my doctor's appointment and setting up an appointment for me at the Social Security office.

Lunch was ham and cheese sandwiches with crackers and iced tea.

Dinner was roast beef and rice.

There was a bit of a ruckus around eight o'clock.  It seems a white girl and a black guy got into an argument.  It started to get more heated and since you are not allowed to touch the other residents the two decided to take it outside.

Nothing much happened outside except for them being in each others' faces but when they came back inside they were still arguing and I saw the woman fall down.  She got back up and limped back to her table and sat down.  About 45 minutes later a policeman showed up and I was later told that it was she that called the cops.  I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.