Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I got up a little before 6 and the shower was actually free! I took a shower and then had a cigarette outside.

I'm really going to have to do something with my hair! I need a flat iron or a hot comb. (The hot comb would be better). But I was told that hot combs are "old-school" but with my hair a hot comb is essential!

Breakfast was pancakes and sausage.

I had a physical therapy appointment early so I left with the 8:30 van.

My physical therapy session consisted of starting me off with a heating pad to relax my knee. Then I did several exercises and then I worked on a cycle machine for a few minutes.

I was back at the shelter by 10:30.

I still continued to work on the blanket.

I met my case worker from Central again and she talked more about looking at apartments - specifically the one I have in mind!

Lunch was a salad and Italian meat wraps.

So far I have had three cups of coffee trying to stay awake.

I still continued to work on the blanket.

Dinner was a choice of ham or roast beef (I chose the ham), rice and mixed vegetables.

After dinner I continued to work on the blanket and I finally finished it and got paid! He was very satisfied with it.

I went to bed at 10

1 comment:

  1. I guess I should explain the shower situation. With so many people in the shelter taking showers there's always someone banging on the door to get in to the shower. Some fights have even happened because of this.

    The fact that the shower was actually free when I came from the sleep room - that's a rarity but I took advantage of the situation for all that it was worth!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for reading my blog. I hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Please remember that all comments will be moderated before they are placed within the blog.